Monday, November 24, 2014

Hats!

I've been a hat lady for...well, almost as long as I've been a lady.

I'm old enough to remember when this was in style for women the first time.

Hats do women a world of good. They frame our faces--especially our eyes.
This is from the 1950s but this photo makes me look like a character in Downton Abbey


They cover up bed head, bad haircuts, and unfortunate dye jobs.



Some of the most famous beauties in the world, from Princess Diana to Lady Gaga, understand the power of a beautiful hat.
The double wedding from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Featuring Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe.

They make young women look more polished and put together

And older women look more fresh, fun and youthful.
 
And--oh yeah--they can even keep you warm when it's cold outside.
And they can put you in a holiday spirit!

I love hats. I make them, buy them, wear them, and now I sell them!

Vintage Fascinator

Knit cap with matching mittens






No comments:

Post a Comment