Thursday, November 27, 2014

Pumpkin! and Crafting!

Pumpkin hack: a pasta server makes it easier to separate the pumpkin "guts" from the seeds.
Happy Craftsgiving Everyone! We're keeping it pretty simple here because I'm way behind on my Etsy store launch, which is supposed to happen tomorrow, just in time for the holiday season.

My mother-in-law gifted me with about a ton of vintage jewelry, along with some of her beads and findings. She's spending her winters in the South now and so she's starting to downsize, and I'm the lucky benefactor! However, it means I have been spending much of my time for the past two days sorting and organizing.

I wanted to share a few photos of some of the...interesting, I guess is the word, pieces of jewelry from days gone by before dismantling them and Upcycling them into beautiful new pieces. 


This probably belonged to my husband's late Grandmother, whose grandson Pete Mitchell played for the Jacksonville Jaguars for several seasons. Her loyalty to her grandson is admirable, but brooch styles have changed since the 90s.

I think this brooch as well--the pin back is kind of dull, so maybe it is a scarf fastener? It actually doesn't look so bad in the photo, but in person, I just don't dig it that much.


This is a clip-on earring. I kind of like the organic shape, but the whole idea of the peekaboo earlobe flesh showing in the middle--I don't know if I could make that one work for me.

This is a button necklace, made of plain white buttons like the type you find on men's dress shirts. Don't expect to see many of these in my Upcycled pieces. On the plus side, we will never run out of replacement shirt buttons in our house.

Check back to see what all of these things become!

No comments:

Post a Comment